40 hospitalised after consuming fermented Soya beans
Imphal, December 31, 2017: At least 40 persons including women and children hailing from Kiyamgei Muslim Awang Leikai, Imphal East were rushed to hospitals after consuming fermented soya beans, locally known as Hawaijar.
The Hawaijar victims were yesterday admitted at public hospital, Hatta, Jawaharlal Nehru Institutes of Medical Sciences (JNIMS) and Noor Hospital, Lilong.
Mmedical superintendent, JNIMS, Dr. Ranbir said the patients had consumed the fermented soya Saturday evening and they started arriving at the hospital one after another. They were reported falling sick from vomiting and diarrhea before being admitted to the hospitals.
It is believed that the unfortunate event may have caused by using the beans which have been applied pesticides and meant to be planted only. They may have brought the chemically processed seeds from the market and use it.
The patients are out of danger.
The doctor said such incidents occur mostly at summer time but sometimes they do occur in winter. He appealed that one should be very careful while fetching soya beans from market.
INA complex will be upgraded soon: Biren
Pothashang News Service : Imphal, August 18, 2019: The state government is putting in serious effortsRead More
AR archers from Manipur and Nagaland shine in China
Pothashang News Service: Imphal, August 18, 2019: Three archers of Assam Rifles Archery team trained byRead More