GOVT HAS PLAN TO DESILT MAJOR RIVERS: IFCD MINISTER
The Government has plan for desilting, dredging and resectioning major rivers like Imphal, Nambul and Kongba Rivers. It would be done once the Detailed Project Report (DPR) for the same is finalized and fund is made available to the Department. The remaining retaining walls of Nambul River adjoining Sagolband will be implemented as per availability of fund.
This was stated by IFCD Minister Shri Letpao Haokip while replying to questions during question hours today in the ongoing Assembly session.
Shri Letpao Haokip further said that river embankment work has been taken up by the IFCD to ease flood woes in the State. The Department is also working on to prepare a DPR covering the entire State as a long-term policy to prevent flood.
Responding to a question, Health and Family Welfare Minister Shri L. Jayantakumar said that Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS), Imphal has 100 MBBS seats and 47 PG seats. Out of the total seats in MBBS, 85 per cent of the seats are reserved for the State while the remaining 15 per cent seats would be filled through Central quota. In respect of PG courses, 50 pc of the seats would be filled through State quota while the remaining seats would be filled through the Centre quota.
He further said that the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (Dental Education Section), Government of India has issued letter of permission on May 26, 2017 for starting Dental College of JNIMS with 50 admissions from the academic session 2017-18 and admission to BDS course is under process.
Replying to a question, RD & PR Minister Shri Th. Bishwajit said one work has been recommended by the present MLA of 44-Ukhrul AC for construction of playground at Shangshak Phunghon after the constitution of 11th Manipur Assembly for the year 2016-17. He said that there is a balance of Rs. 50 lakh remained unutilised for Ukhrul district for the financial year 2016-17.
In Ukhrul, the fund for 2nd and 3rdinstalment of 2016-17 amounting to Rs. 50 lakh is pending at the level of the Deputy Commissioner, Ukhrul due to dispute in status of works between the ex-MLA and the present MLA. Whereas the ex-MLA claimed that he had already executed the works before his resignation on September 14, 2016, the current MLA has claimed that these works were not executed by the ex-MLA. The RD&PR Minister further said that the DC, Ukhrul was asked for an enquiry report and the matter is still under examination to settle the conflicting claims.
To another question, RD&PR Minister Th. Bishwajit replied that there is a road under PMGSY Phase-IX, which is yet to be taken up in Tengnoupal block due to a pending Court case. The work will be taken up once the matter is settled.
Works Minister Th. Bishwajit also informed the House that no new work programmes for Ukrhul AC has been finalised yet by the present Government. The budget allocation thereof for financial year 2017-18 has not yet been finalised.
Shri Th. Biswajit, who is also in-charge of IPR, said that newspaper hawkers are not covered under the Manipur State Journalists’ Welfare scheme. He said that the Govt would look into the welfare of the hawkers in consultation with the CM if the hawkers’ union approaches the Govt. for the same.
Responding to a question, Education Minister Shri Th. Radheshyam said there is no plan for construction of main building of Sagolmang Higher Secondary School as of now. He further said that there is no provision as of now for construction of infrastructure of aided high schools.
Shri Th. Radheshyam further said that the Government for the appointment of teaching gives no approval and non-teaching staff to five private colleges, which were upgraded to Govt, aided college by the previous Government.