Imphal, February 1, 2018: Kanto Khulen Apunba Nupi Lup (a women organisation) today staged a sit-in at Kanto Makha Leikai community hall condemning the bomb attack at the residence of Sekmai assembly constituency MLA Hekham Dingo at Khurkhul Makha Leikai in Imphal West on January 27 morning.
The bomb was exploded nearby Khurkhul Dispensary which is next to the residence of the MLA. When the bomb blast took place Dingo was out of home; his old mother and his sisters were at home.
Ton Shija, former president of the Kanto women organisation said, “We strongly condemn the blast at the residence of the young MLA. We want the state authorities to hunt the perpetrators and act accordingly so that such incident would not occur again”.
“This was not the first time. In the past a bomb was also placed at his residece, but it was not blasted. We are staging here to ask who any why the bomb was triggered. People doesn’t welcome such attack in people inhabited areas”, said Ng. Usharani, secretary of the organisation.
The past bomb threat was in October last year.
The Joint action committee formed against the bomb attack at the residence of MLA Dingo said the JAC does not take the blast lightly. It had also sought clarification on the blast in a press statement released yesterday.
The JAC also appealed the state government to trace the culprit and make the people of Sekami know who they are. It also urged for the safety of the family. A mass rally is set to be held on February 10, it added.
The JAC has also cautioned that it will take up various forms of agitations if it doesn’t get a positive response to their appeal.
The people of Khurkhul had earlier declared that they will not remain idle until the miscreants are booked and clarified by the attackers.