At home after 40 years


Pothashang News Service: Imphal, April 19, 2018: Khomdram Ghambir Singh, a resident of Khumbong, Imphal West, who has been missing since the last 40 years and recently found loitering in Mumbai by a street photographer reunited with his family on Thursday.

Ghambhir arrived here in Imphal by Indigo flight at around 2.30 pm today.

Large number of people from his locality, well-wishers, relatives and media personnel received him at Imphal airport.

Gambhir has forgotten his native language and said “Bahut atsha laga, jinda wapas aa gaya, mara hua ko jinda kar diya”. He said it is the blessing of Bhagawan that he met the good people out at Badara.”

Also Read:  Friends Fitness Gym triumphs as team champion

MLA Dr Sapam Ranjan who was at the airport said, “It is the technology, the connectivity, the Facebook, the YouTube that has made impossible things possible. Now after 40 years whom we thought have lost has come back. We are really glad we have him with us now.”

The government will do for betterment of the remaining part of his life, added Ranjan.

Gambhir served the Manipur Rufles for seven years and voluntarily retired. He left Manipur after he gets frustrated for his wife was divorced in few years. Recently his video was posted by one NAME on social media.

Also Read:  Myanmar National Unity Government vows to seek justice and continue to fight against military dictatorship

Gambhir, left home in the afternoon of 1978 without informing any of his family members.

He is the eldest of the 6 sibling, one brother and four sisters.

According to his relatives he was once married to a woman from the locality for three months and got separated. He left home about two months after being separated with wife.

He had also served in the Manipur rifles for 7 years and voluntarily retired.

After one year, the family got information that he was in Mizoram but when their parents went to look for him he already left the place. None of the family members has got any idea why he left.

Also Read:  Maharaja Sanajaoba urges India Government to resolve Indo-Myanmar Border Issue, complete fencing

“I could not believe when my nephew came running with the video of my brother. When I saw the video I could not stop crying. My brother is alive I am very excited. This is like waking up from a nightmare”, said his brother Kulachandra.

Kulachandra came to know that he brother was alive in Mumbai when he saw the video taken by Firoze a street photographer from Mumbai, who uploaded the video on Youtube on Oct. 17, 2017.

Gambhir is about 65 years old.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

error: Content Protected!