HT lines threat life


Pothashang News Service: Imphal, September 6, 2018: Families of High Tension power wire electrocution victim boys from different hill districts of Manipur have complained the government against presence of high tension wires close to dwellings.

The two victims were Warshang Ronra Shimray, 12, from Kamphasom Ukhrul district and the other boy, a Tamil named P. Ashwin, 9, residing at a rental home at Moreh Ward number 1, Tengnoual district.

Father of Warshang, Mathotmi Shimray said his son was found fainted at the roof of newly constructed building of a neighbour that was filled with water. He said the boy with his two friends went out to play on September 2 and he was found unconscious on the top of the building.

Also Read:  Anusuiya, Biren greet people on Cheiraoba

Later we came to know he was shocked by current on the High tension wire located just above one and half feet from the roof, added the father.

The boy was rushed to the district hospital and referred to Regional institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS), Imphal on the same day.

His right hand was severely socked. The family members of Warshang said doctors told them their son will be discharged after medication. The parents are worried of losing his hand and said doctors do not tell them what would happen to the boy.

Medical attendants said the boy is now in observation and decision will be taken on Friday would be the next measure to be taken.

Also Read:  5 kg Brown Sugar recovered from a car in Manipur, 3 arrested

The parents said they are helpless daily bread earners and they came to Imphal with money that was borrowed from private money lenders.

Villagers had appealed the state authority twice to reposition the high tension electric wire at the safe height, said a relative of the boy. Trucks cannot cross the village road in that area as the electric wire drops very low.

The Parents of Warshang said one mason from Andro Imphal East had died of electrocution during the construction of the building.

The father said his son in studying in class VI and a top rank holder. Now he is in a situation that he will be not be like other friends. The parents appealed the government to support his future life by giving an income opportunity.

Also Read:  One arrested with Brown Sugar

The other boy Aswhin was electric-shocked by a high tension wire when he hit it with his steel ruler through the window of the rental home. The incident occurred on August 9 and he was brought to RIMS.

Ashwin was accommodated next to the bed of Warshang at the surgery ward, RIMS.

Father of Ashwin, R. Pelikaan said a surgery was conducted on Wednesday and his two right hand fingers are paralysed. The boy was burnt at the right hand, right leg, belly and the left palm.

Doctors told Pelikaan that his son would be discharged after a month.

The family appealed the government to position electric supply wires at safe distance from dwellings.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

error: Content Protected!