Rental home in blaze


Pothashang News Service: Imphal, September 26, 2019: Eight rented rooms were caught in fire at a rented building at Sagolband Ingudam Leirak, here on Wednesday after with blasting of two cooking gas cylinders.

Cooking gas was suspected to be the cause of the fire break-out.

The rented building was owned by one Khombongmayum Gogendro, 53 of Sagolband Ingudam Leikai.

The eight rented rooms were on the second floor of the residence of Gogendro. The rooms are made of wood, plasterboard (rhino board) and tin, and turned into ashes. Though Manipur fire service personnel came in time the rooms could not be saved from the fire as the constructed material are made up of highly flammable materials.

Also Read:  Anusuiya, Biren greet people on Cheiraoba

The fire brigade prevented from spreading the fire to other floors and neighbours.

According to Gogendro said the floor has eight rooms and each room was occupied. He was out when the fire was broke out and when he reached his residence fire service put off the fire.

The two cooking gas cylinder blast consecutively and another cooking gas cylinder was unable to blast as the firemen drag down the cylinder before it contacts the fire.

Also Read:  ILP defaulter arrested; 'will pushed back'

The fire has damaged a value of about more than Rs. 5 lakh, he added.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

error: Content Protected!