Handyman electrocuted while getting on bus

Advertisement

Imphal: A bus handyman was electrocuted when his bus got in contact with electric wire at Ayangpali road near Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS) on Friday morning.

The deceased was Oinam Sanathoi, 30, a resident of Phoubakchao, Bishnupur district.

The incident occurred at 8: 30 am when the bus was reversing to park. The handyman was trying to climb on the bus and socked when he touched the vehicle’s body. He was immediately rushed to JNIMS hospital, where he succumbed.

Also Read:  Plea against 'harassing essential commodity transport drivers'

Electricity department staff rushed at the spot and took care of the wire.

Relatives of the deceased alleged the electricity department responsible for the death of Sanathoi, for not taking care of misaligned electric wires.

Sanathoi left behind three children with his wife. The family members demanded a government job for his wife. They said they will receive the corpse until government fulfill demand.

Advertisement

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

error: Content Protected!