Manipur will be connected with gas pipeline: Biren


Imphal: Manipur will be connected with gas pipelines (Silchar-Imphal and Kohima-Imphal) soon to ensure disturbance-free gas supply to the state.

Chief minister N. Biren Singh announced this during the distribution function of e-SHRAM cards held at Hotel Imphal on Friday.

An LPG refilling bottling plant will also be inaugurated soon in the state, he said

He thanked the Prime Minister Narendra Modi for his love towards the people of the state. He said it is very unfortunate to hear that out of the target registration of eight lakh unorganised workers in the state, around 58,000 individuals have registered under e-SHRAM.

Mentioning that e-SHRAM scheme covers almost all unorganised workers viz. construction workers, migrant workers, domestic workers, street vendors, truck drivers, fishermen, agricultural workers, ASHA workers etc., Biren said all the unorganised workers registered under the scheme will be given accidental Insurance Coverage under Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana(PMSBY). The workers will be paid Rs 2 lakh for accidental death and permanent disability and Rs 1 lakh for partial disability, he added.

Also Read:  Manipur Census to be updated through biometric system to safeguard indigenous people

The chief minister directed the chief scretary to instruct the concerned departments to organise e-SHRAM registration camps separately such as medical department to organise camps for ASHA workers etc, forest department for SHGs under TRIFED, social welfare department for Anganwadi workers etc at different places.

He assured the Union minister Rameshwar Teli that the target of eight lakh will be achieved by December in the state.

Highlighting that more than 1.4 lakh women were given LPG gas connection under Ujjwala scheme in the state, Biren said that Ujjwala 2.0 has been launched in the state on Thursday. Under the Ujjwala 2.0, the government has set a target of distributing 1 lakh gas connections in the state, he added.

Also Read:  Governor inaugurates golden jubilee celebration of Manipur State Kala Akademi

Around 15,304 gas connections will be provided to women of Chandel district, 31,999 gas connections for Senapati district, 23,454 connections for Kangpokpi, 5,028 connections for Pherzawl, 7,816 connections for Tamenglong, 6,995 connections for Ukhrul, 10,530 connections for Thoubal, 1,698 connections for Kakching and 148 connections for Jiribam district. The gas connections will be distributed in the ongoing Go to Village and other functions. For those districts which have achieved 90 percent gas connections under Ujjwala scheme, the government will request the ministry to provide the gas connection to the remaining 10 percent under the scheme.

Also Read:  Covid-19 active cases fall to 431, positivity rate to 4.7 percent in Manipur

Union minister of state for labour and employment Rameshwar Teli also explained about the benefits of registration under e-SHRAM scheme and urged the people to register at the earliest to get the benefits under the scheme.

Works minister Th. Biswajit Singh was present among others in the function.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

error: Content Protected!