Imphal: Amid the challenges to conserve and control the population of Manipur Pony that has been decreasing for the last few months, two Manipuri Pony and two cows died due to electrocution at Yaralpat near Mega Manipur School, Imphal East on Friday.
Eye witness reported that the incident was occurred at around 8 am of Friday. It is reported that the ponies belonged to Chingkhei Hunba Polo Club and the cattle belonged to a person from Nongpok Sanjenbam, Imphal East.
The scene of animals lying dead in at the Yaralpat field went viral.
It is said that the animals were electrocuted by a naked wire while grazing in the field.
The dead animals were later recovered by Chingkhei Hunba Polo Club and owner of the cattle at around 11 am of the same day.
Chingkhei Hunba Polo Club and owner of the cattle have submitted an application to electricity department and appealed to compensate for the animals.