‘CID office files safe’

Advertisement

Imphal: Manipur CID office building in Imphal West was turned into ashes by a major fire broke out on Monday at around 1.43 am, which was suspected to have been caused by short circuit.

The file datas are safe in digital form except for some photograph of culprit, chief minister N. Biren Singh said while giving a statement after zero hour of the ongoing second session of 12th Manipur Legislative Assembly.

Biren informed the House that the fire damaged around 75 per cent of old CID office building but with timely response from Manipur Fire Service, no further damage was found in the adjacent buildings of CRPF barrack and Southern Block Old Secretariat building.

Also Read:  Restriction on liquor might be lifted to attract tourist: Biren

It is reported from the Manipur Fire Service that the fire was suspected to be broke out from electric short circuit, he added.

Most of the data stored at CID office including for Crime Branch; Crime Branch (Technical); Crime Branch (Security); Cyber Crime had already converted to digital form except form some photograph of some culprits who are still at jail. The data are saved and the photograph of the culprit will be taken from jail, Biren said.

Advertisement

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

error: Content Protected!