Imphal: An outbreak of loose motion, fever, vomiting, stomach pain and headache occurred on Sunday after consumption of Vishwakarma puja feast, at Keisham family, Lairongthel Malom Mayai Leikai.
The outbreak was investigated on the day by DSU TBL and Food Safety department, Thoubal.
On Sunday evening DSU TBL got information about food poisoning cases from above mention address, 15 cases were treated at CHC Yairipok, eight cases were admitted at RIMS Hospital, one at JNIMS, three at District Hospital and other 11 were treated at home.
About 38 person attended the feast and the menu included rice, fish curry ( local grass carp 11kg ), Eronba ( banana stem with fermented fish), pineapple fruit curry and fish stir fry Makok maru ngouba).
The food was served on Saturday morning.
The investigation report said any person who had attended the feast had symptoms of loose motion, stomach pain,fever and vomiting. The search started from CHC Yairipok.
Sample of feast curries was not available. Stool and urine sample were collected from two patients and submitted to microbiology department, RIMS. Oil, ngari ( fermented fish), salt ,tomato and water samples were collected by Food safety team.
The fish was brought from Yairipok market local fish vendor. As per fish vendor previous day left over fish were added to the 11kg, and other left over fish were sold to the nearby local shop owner also, but no complaint arises. The food was prepared by one cook ( bamon), package drinking water was used for cooking and for washing vegetables local river water was used.
The samples result awaited, the food safety department report said.
A suspected case of food poisoning outbreak due to consumption of rotten fish curry, the report said.